Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Do It Yourself

If you haven't notice getting things fixed, like car or home repairs can be quite expensive. Some mechanic shops charge as much as $85.00 dollars per hour and most home repair experts charge an average$50.00 just to look at any problem that a home owner may have. Also most carpenters, electricians, painters or plumbers won't take a job if they aren't making at least $1000.00. If you haven't done these jobs before you could be at the mercy of those who get paid to do these things for a living. The question is what can one do if they can't afford the price, feel like they are being over charged or taken advantage of by these so called experts?These days the Internet has become a very powerful tool, there one can simply type in any subject they like and find out how to do almost anything. Also before attempting to do any type work, such as automobile or home repair all that one has to do is to go to sites like Bing, Google or You Tube, where one can get or view step by step directions for free.

 To test out  this theory I went to You Tube myself and successfully changed the spark plugs on my automobile. At first I was nervous, but after watching a You Tube video, I was confident I could do it! I saved myself over $65.00! I also did similar jobs around my home that would have cost me thousands of dollars, if I allowed the experts to charge me. There is so much information out there, that I have found that I could do almost anything! After some research, I have found that I can do almost all of the simple jobs around my home without being charged. It has also provided me with valuable knowledge, that I can use in the future just in case I don't have time to make those repairs on my own. With my new found knowledge I won't allow the so called experts to over charge me with services I don't need. If they try to charge me more than the going rate, I will just simply do it myself.

W.A.N.


No comments:

Post a Comment