Friday, July 19, 2013

I Take Issue With

When I watch the news or listen to the radio, I am very sadden. Why? Because the press , the media and even some high profile celebrities, have no ideal what it means to be black in America. I wouldn't deny, that there are some racist black people in America and I don't excuse their behavior. Also black on black crime is absolutely ridiculous. But if one would deny that racism is still very big in America, then I would say, either that they are blind or they have their heads in the sand. Its a fact that everyday, that I walk out of my house I experience some form of racism, either at my job or while I am shopping. Even today I get strange looks when approaching my car, other races lock their cars as if I was some type of criminal trying to steal their car. I have began to accept the fact, that living around racist people is just a small part of living in America. What saddens me is when the people of my own kind with the power or positions to do something about it, are afraid to speak out on this issues or subject. Then I started to do some thinking on why certain celebrities don't speak out on this issue, its because they are afraid of loosing their sponsors or their positions. Many of them now are rich or wealthy and have forgotten what it means to be black in America. They have forgotten the struggle and the path that was laid out before them, from various past civil rights leaders.

That is why I take issue with them, not because of their opinions, but because the act like they represent the opinions of average African Americans. To those people this is my message to you. You don't represent the real opinions or views of  average African Americans. As a matter of fact you are out of touch and you have lost your way.You pander, to a group that really doesn't care about  you, your thoughts or your opinions. As long as they can control you and influence what you do or say, you will always be rich slaves in America.You are not real leaders and no African American citizen looks up to you for leadership, because many of you are afraid to lead.  Knowing that fact is okay with me and other African Americans.Why? Because we all know that our real leaders died a long time ago, are a thing of the past and as Africans Americans we are along to find our own way. Next time you so called leaders of African Americans decide to speak out, know this I and others take issue with your thoughts are views of real African Americans.
W.A.N.

No comments:

Post a Comment